Architectural Review Committee
Virginia City Highlands Property Owner’s Association
P.O. Box 686, Virginia City, NV 89440
Members - Stephen Musser, Wally Corey, Bill Redman, Sherry McCready, Bill Lewis And Eileen Craig
Meeting Minutes for 07/05/2005 at the V.C. Highlands Fire Station
Called meeting to order at 7:32 P.M.
Members present: Bill Redman, Bill Lewis, Sherry McCready, Eileen Craig & Stephen Musser
Members absent: Wally Corey
2. Stephen Musser made a motion to approve 06/07/2005 minutes, which was seconded by Bill Lewis. Unanimous.
3. It was noted and discussed that this is the first meeting that we are implementing the new Architectural fee structure.
1. New plans reviewed -
John King - Plot plan review only for new 2800
s.f., two story, Colonial-Ranch style, four-car detached garage to be located
at Lot 200, Block M also known as 20575 Stallion. Garage site was reviewed on
6/20/05 by Bill Redman and was given final approval for defensible space
compliance. This review is an amended plot plan only (fees were paid at
06/07/05 meeting). Plans are approved. No fee for this review.
James Stewart for Susan Churches - Re-painting of
an existing residence located at Block G, Lot 54 also known as 2261 Enterprise
Road. The main color of the home will now become Oatlands Gold (tan) with
Sienna Red (clay) trim. Plans are approved. No fee for this review.
Jerry & Linda Conners - New deck with open
gazebo to be located Block U, Lot 32 also known as 1320 Calavaras Road. Deck
will be stained in a natural wood tone. Plans are approved. Collected
$30.00, check # 3704.
Chad Hicks - New fence located at Block F, Lot 7
also known as 2381 Lousetown Road. Fence will be made of 4x6 posts, 2x6 rails
and have ranch/game fencing on the interior. The color of this fence will
remain pressure treated green. Plans are approved. No fee for this review.
Walt - New retaining wall to be located at Block U,
Lot 51 also known as 21270 Graves Road. New wall will be made of “ultra block”
which weigh approximately 2 tons each and are made of cement. Wall will be a
light tan/sand color. Plans are approved. No fee for this review.
Steve Morrow - New fence located at Block M, Lot
165 also known as 21715 Sazarac. Fence will be made of split cedar posts &
rails, will be three rails high (4 ft) and have cattle fencing on the interior.
The color of this fence will remain natural cedar. Plans are approved. No
fee for this review.
Susie Loyer - Shed, deck and room addition to an
existing residence located at Block L, Lot 3A also known as 2140 Cartwright
Road. Shed is approximately 10x12, deck is 308 s.f. and room addition will be
488 s.f. Both the shed and the room addition will have T-11 siding in a cream
color with green trim (both are existing colors). The deck will be stained in a
natural wood tone. Stephen Musser reviewed defensible space and gave final
approval for these plans on 7/06/05. Plans are approved. Collected $176.40,
check # 5442.
James Vallieres for Vallieres Development - New
residence to be located at Block F, Lot 6 also known as 2391 Lousetown Road.
New ranch-style home will be 1581 s.f. with a 676 s.f. attached garage with a
gray/black composition shingle roof. Siding will be T-11 and painted medium
gray with medium gray trim. Home site was reviewed on 7/06/05 by Stephen Musser
for defensible space compliance and was given final approval . Collected
$1354.20, check # 1373.
2. Total Collected: $1,560.40
- for one plot plan, one re-painting, two decks, two fences, one wall, one
shed, one room addition and one new residence.
3. Comments/Questions from landowners -
The Committee talked to Toby Tatum about getting a variance for an addition to be located at Block J, Lots 19 & 20 also known as 12565 Dortort Road. Toby was advised to send letters of intent to all of the owners of lots adjacent to his for their approval before proceeding further.
The Committee spoke with Lenny & Joan Wenrick who had several questions about the new Architectural fee structure and the VCHPOA websites postings. The Wenrick’s left without submitting the plans they had brought with them.
The Committee talked to Joe Alt who wanted the plans that he had abandoned at the 5/03/05 meeting to be reviewed under the old fee structure. Mr. Alt’s request was denied. Mr. Alt left without submitting the plans he brought with him.
4. Committee Member Contact Information - Members who have not already done so have agreed to get our contact information and mini-bios to the Webmaster of the VCHPOA website for posting prior to our next Committee meeting in August 2005.
5. Finding & Reporting of Violations - It was discussed and agreed that violations will be followed up on if the Committee has received a verbal or written complaint, unless it is an obvious health or safety risk in which case no complaint is needed.
6. Letter of Violation - It was discussed and agreed that Letters of Violation will be sent via certified mail and that we will create a carbonless duplicate form to use. Eileen Craig volunteered to create the Letter.
7. Abandoned Plans - The Committee member who took possession of the plans (for a final review for defensible space) will keep them until the very next Architectural meeting (no longer than 31 days). At that meeting the plans will be mailed back to the owner and will be charged a $100.00 re-review fee when the owner is ready for their final review.
8. Final Approval Of Plans -
Block H, Lot 25 also known as 2571 Cartwright Road - Received final approval for defensible space on 6/16.
Block P, Lot 77 also known as 1675 Empire Road - Received final approval for defensible space on 6/22.
Block M, Lot 200 also known as 20575 Stallion - Received final approval for defensible space on 6/20.
Block I, Lot 34 also known as 2429 Cartwright Road - cancelled defensible space site review - have not rescheduled.
9. Meeting adjourned at - 10:05 P.M.