Architectural Review Committee
Virginia City Highlands Property Owner’s Association
P.O. Box 686, Virginia City, NV 89440
Members - Stephen Musser, Wally Corey, Bill Redman, Sherry McCready, Bill Lewis And Eileen Craig
Meeting Minutes for 08/02/2005 at the V.C. Highlands Fire Station
meeting to order at 7:37 P.M.
Members present: Bill Redman, Wally Corey, Sherry McCready, Eileen Craig & Stephen Musser
Members absent: Bill Lewis
2. The minutes of 7/05/2005 - review #5 has no last
name for “Walt”. Sherry McCready explained that Walt didn’t place his last name
on the application and no fee was collected so no check was had to get his last
name from. Stephen Musser made a motion to approve 07/05/2005 minutes with Walt‘s
last name missing, which was seconded by Bill Redman
3. It was noted and discussed that Storey County now requires a grading/excavation permit and an on-site inspection to determine if the site needs to be engineered for drainage and/or soil stability. A full list of requirements is available at the Storey County Building Dept.
1. New plans reviewed -
& Donald Jacobsen - New 16x10 (160 s.f.) storage shed to be located at
Block N, Lot 75 also known as 22120 Clemens Road. The roof will be comprised of
composition shingles in slate gray. The body of the shed will be in Rustic
Green (light green) and trimmed in Tent Green (dark green). Plot plan reviewed
and location was found to be acceptable. Plans are approved. Collected
$30.00, check # 1222.
Morgan & Sandra Boyer - New ranch style residence to be located at Block M,
Lot 67 also known as 21850 Clemens Road. Home will be a split level, 2038 s.f
with a 592 s.f attached garage and have a 10x20 deck. The roof will be
comprised of composition shingles in green. The siding for the home will be a
natural cedar in a clear finish to appear as natural wood color. Review for
defensible space to take place on August 23rd by Stephen Musser - at
that time final approval may be given. Pending final review before approval.
Collected $1578.00, check #105
3. Tom Yoder - New ranch style single story residence to be located at Block N, Lot 23 also known as 1930 Lousetown Road. Home has a 1080 s.f. granny flat - no kitchen - attached by a breezeway and an attached 750 s.f garage. The roof will be composition shingle in Weathered Wood (brown). Home will be sided with painted Masonite - which resembles T-1-11 siding. The body color of the home will be in Canyon View (medium tan) and trimmed in Ranch Acres (light tan/cream). Bill Redman to be called by Mr. Yoder within 30 days to schedule the defensible space review. Pending final review before approval. Collected $2000.00, check #2419
2. Total Collected: $3,208.00 - for one shed
and two new residences.
3. Violation Reviews -
It was discussed and unanimously agreed upon that only Bill Redman will mail out the violations to prevent duplicates from going out.
It was discussed and pictures shown that 21910 Adobe Road has a rolled dark blue SUV sitting in the front yard (in clear view of the road) and a dismantled truck cab hanging from a tree in the front yard (also clearly viewed from the road). It was unanimously agreed that this is a clear violation and a Letter of Violation will be sent.
It was discussed and pictures shown that 1770 Lousetown Road has a vehicle up on blocks in their front yard which is visible from the road. It was unanimously agreed that this is a clear violation and a Letter of Violation will be sent.
It was discussed that the home located at 21510 Dortort Road is not the same home that was approved by the Architectural Committee. The file was pulled and review and Wally Corey, Stephen Musser and Sherry McCready (who have seen this home themselves) agree that the exterior of the home does not match what was approved. A Letter of Violation will be sent to the owner.
4. Corrections - Wally Corey pointed out that some minor corrections should be made to the following Minutes -
June 7th, 2005- Review #5 should read Block N, Lot 77, not Block P Lot 77.
May 3rd, 2005 - Review #10 should have a house number of 21575, not 2575.
March 1st, 2005 - Review #1 should have a house number of 2549, not 2363
5. Meeting adjourned at - 9:20 P.M.