Architectural Control and Planning Committee
Virginia City Highlands Property Owners Association
Minutes Monthly Meeting May 2, 2006
I. Chairman Bill Lewis called the meeting to order at 7:30 pm and declared a quorum present. Present were Bill Lewis, Robert Moore, and Rita Lumos.
II. Approve April 4, 2006 Minutes.
A motion by Moore, seconded by Lumos to approve the minutes of the April 4, 2006 meeting as presented was approved unanimously.
III. OLD BUSINESS
A. Need for volunteers to serve on the committee.
Rita Lumos announced that no one has responded to the call for volunteers for the committee. There are currently two open positions.
IV. NEW BUSINESS
A. Plans for new construction were reviewed as follows:
1. Donald Naylor applied to build a fence at the front of the property at 2549 Cartwright Road, Lot 22, Block H. The fence will be six feet tall, wood rail construction, and will be painted brown. His application was approved. There is no fee for a fence.
2. Sally Mitchell presented plans for a residence at 21685 Palomino Road, Lot 180, Block M. The home will have brown colored log siding and a green metal roof. It will contain 3024 sq. ft. The roof pitch for the house did not meet county standards. Ms. Mitchell was advised to consult with her architect and the building department and return with a variance or revised plans.
3. Jeff Wilson submitted plans for a detached garage at 2281 Empire, Lot 106, Block G. The garage will be 24 X 32, have gray 8 ship latch siding, and a composition burnt sienna roof. These materials and colors will match the existing house. The fee of $75 was paid by check number 1786.
4. Lenny Wenrick submitted plans for a 36 X 33 barn and fence. The barn will match his approved house plans with pine siding. The fence will be constructed with 4X4 posts and no-climb horse fencing five feet tall. The plans were approved. The fee of $75 was paid by check number 1378.
5. Greg Pepple submitted a request to change a portion of the siding on his approved residence at 2578 Cartwright, Lot 7, Block D, from stone to Hardy panel in a dark green color. The deck will be enlarged slightly from the previous plan. His request was approved. No fee was charged.
6. Sherry and Dave McCready submitted plans for a detached garage at 2270 Enterprise, Lot 65A, Block I. The garage will have T-111 tan siding with green trim and a green composition shingle roof. These materials and siding will match the existing structure. A fee of $75 was paid by check number 5466.
B. Other business members with to discuss.
Rita Lumos reported on the disposition of complaints heard by the Association Board of Directors at the April meeting.
There being no further business the meeting was adjourned at 8:45 pm.