Virginia City Highlands Property Owners’ Association
P.O. Box 686 Virginia City, Nevada 89440
Minutes - August 5, 2008
I. The meeting was called to order by Chairman Walter Fox at 7:30 pm. Fox, Bob Moore, and Rita Lumos were in attendance. Andy Biederman could not attend.
II. A motion by Moore, seconded by Lumos, to approve the July 1, 2008 minutes was approved unanimously.
III. New Business
1. Steve and Gayle Rush applied to paint the exterior of their home at 2141 Lousetown Road, Lots 7 & 8, Block O, a color different from the existing color. The new colors will be Behr “Chocolate Sprinkle” and “Fudge Bar”, shades of brown. The application was approved. No fee was charged.
2. Meg Valiquet applied to change the approved color of a new home at 2140 Conestoga, Lot 57, Block K. The application was approved. No fee was charged.
3. Mike Johnson presented plans for a 385 sq. ft. addition to his residence at 2489 Cartwright Road, Lot 11, Block H. The addition will match the existing siding, colors, and roof. The plans were approved. A fee of $75 was paid.
4. Keith Judson applied to install a shed, to sit on piers, on his property at 2511 Cartwright Road, Lots 14 & 15, Block H. The shed will match the colors of the existing house. The plans were approved. No fee was charged.
5. Wm. Hansen, contractor for Michael & Susanne Defrancis, presented plans for a new residence at 1531 bonanza road, lots 8, 9, and 11, block Q. The siding will be cedar, natural in color. The roof will be elk green composition roofing. T the plans were approved and a fee of $500 was paid.
6. Gabriel Venegas presented plans for the installation of a post and wire fence on his property at 1900 Empire Road, Lot 117, Block M. The plans were approved. No fee was charged.
1. Karlyn McPartlin appeared to follow up on a complaint that she had filed previously about a shed and fence on a neighboring property. She was informed that the owners had been notified of the complaint and that the shed and fence had been approved by the committee xc in November, 2007 and met all the requirements of the CC&R’s. The Storey County Building Dept. had also approved the setbacks from the property line to the shed. The lot is a non-uniform configuration with a very long front line along Cartwright. She was also informed in writing about the disposition of the complaint.
IV. There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 8:30 pm.
Rita Lumos, Member