Virginia City Highlands Property Owner’s Association

Monthly Meeting Minutes

February 10, 2004

 

PRESENT: Jim Watson, Dennis Kennedy, Dave Thomas and Donna Wasson

 

  1. CALL TO ORDER AND APPROVE MEETING AGENDA

 

A quorum being present, President Watson called the regular meeting of the VCHPOA Board of Directors to order at 7:05 P.M., April 5, 2004 at the Virginia City Highlands Firehouse.  On a motion by Kennedy, seconded by Thomas, the agenda was unanimously approved after additions were made to the following:

Architectural – Variances versus Exceptions

Transfer Fee’s

Appointment of replacement Secretary

 

  1. APPROVE MINUTES OF REGULAR BOARD MEETING OF January 13, 2004

On a motion by Kennedy, seconded by Thomas, the minutes of the Regular Board Meeting of January 13, 2004, were to be amended and brought to the next Board meeting.

 

  1. COMMENTS BY ASSOCIATION MEMBERS & DISCUSSION OF COMMENTS
    1. Sheriff Pat Whitten spoke concerning the request by the Board for the increase effort concerning citations for speeding and proper equipped vehicles within VCH.  The Board directed Sheriff Whitten to strictly enforce with Citations and Warnings (also “Fix-it” tickets) for accidents occurring on VCH roads.
    2. A renewal letter to be written for the request for the Storey County Sheriff’s Department to enforce all laws (County and State) within VCH.
    3. Annual Road closure to be conducted February 15, 2004 from 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M.  A member of the Storey County Sheriff’s Department and members of Board of Directors will conduct the closure.
    4. A letter to be written to the Commissioners after Annual Closure, to re-assert private ownership of the road system in VCH.
    5. Bob Kershaw brought up the proposed development of Sunny Hills Ranchos, a large tract (40 acre parcels) directly North of the VCH.  This situation will need to be watched closely.
    6. On Sundays at NOON, the warning system will be tested.
    7. Bob Kershaw presented paperwork to the Board on “static water”

                                                    i.     It was requested that the questionnaire be added to our website

 

  1. APPOINT A REPLACEMENT SECREATARY

On a motion by Watson, seconded by Wasson, Sheri Beckerman was appointed to fill the vacant position.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  1.  FINANCIAL REPORT

Thomas presented the monthly cash report for January 2004.  A discussion was held concerning the possible foreclosure of 3 properties that are in arrears.  Thomas will get numbers and cost involved before voting is to proceed on foreclosures.

·       The Board received notification that the Insurance would not be renewed.  Dave Thomas will contact the agency for specifics and report back to the Board.

·       Presented the BLM notification of Special Recreational Permit applications that may impact VCH.  Bob Kershaw will review and notify the Board if any of these will impact the either the Ranches or VCH.

    1. Transfer fee: Discussion to clarify guidelines that were decided on at the 7/03 meeting.

·       Motion by Kennedy, second by Thomas, that the Transfer Fee is per lot, as drawn on the map filed with Storey County.

·       Motion by Watson, seconded by Thomas, the set fee for a per lot transfer is to be $100.00.

·       With unanimous approval, revision is to begin as of February 10, 2004.

 

  1. COMMITTEE REPORTS
    1. Architectural Committee

                                                    i.     Watson, President of the Board, also a member of the architectural committee, stated that it is a conflict of interest to be the President of the Board and on the Architectural Committee, therefore has removed himself from the Architectural Committee.

Meeting minutes attached, revisions to be added. Due to the workload of this Committee, the Board authorized 2 new members and requests this committee to present an organizational and duty chart.  A discussion was held concerning the duties and function of this committee, also regarding the definition of exceptions versus variance and what this committee has the authority to apply.  This issue will be researched and definite guidelines established. The first order of business will be to prepare for the Annual Meeting.

    1. Road Report

Radios and frequency are being secured.  Only minor maintenance required in January.  A loader for the sand truck is under discussion.

 

7.     OLD BUSINESS

·       Architectural Committee has sent notice to ______ for the cars on Grizzly.

·       Invoices need to be sent for non-compliance of Architectural Guidelines.

·       Informal letter to be sent to property owner concerning the mattress. (Property address:  ----- Dortort Rd)

·       The rental tenant issued is resolved concerning deposit.  Records show that the deposit was used for the last months rent.

·       A brief discussion was held regarding advertising on the website and the guidelines that are to apply.  It was previously determined that all advertising would be reviewed by the Board, and the Board would make final decision as to what ads would be accepted or rejected. Watson will present guidelines and the donation involved at the next Board meeting.

 

  1. NEW BUSINESS
    1. No new business to discuss

 

On a motion by Kennedy, seconded by Wasson, and unanimously approved, the meeting was adjourned at 9:10 P.M.

 

Sheri Beckerman

Board Secretary

 

Attachments:
Cash Flow Statement

Financial Statements

Architectural Reports (1/11/04, 02/02/04, 02/10/04)