Virginia City Highlands Property Owner’s Association
Monthly Meeting Minutes
February 10, 2004
PRESENT: Jim Watson, Dennis Kennedy, Dave Thomas and Donna Wasson
A quorum being present, President Watson called the regular meeting of the VCHPOA Board of Directors to order at 7:05 P.M., April 5, 2004 at the Virginia City Highlands Firehouse. On a motion by Kennedy, seconded by Thomas, the agenda was unanimously approved after additions were made to the following:
Architectural – Variances versus Exceptions
Appointment of replacement Secretary
On a motion by Kennedy, seconded by Thomas, the minutes of the Regular Board Meeting of January 13, 2004, were to be amended and brought to the next Board meeting.
i. It was requested that the questionnaire be added to our website
On a motion by Watson, seconded by Wasson, Sheri Beckerman was appointed to fill the vacant position.
Thomas presented the monthly cash report for January 2004. A discussion was held concerning the possible foreclosure of 3 properties that are in arrears. Thomas will get numbers and cost involved before voting is to proceed on foreclosures.
· The Board received notification that the Insurance would not be renewed. Dave Thomas will contact the agency for specifics and report back to the Board.
· Presented the BLM notification of Special Recreational Permit applications that may impact VCH. Bob Kershaw will review and notify the Board if any of these will impact the either the Ranches or VCH.
· Motion by Kennedy, second by Thomas, that the Transfer Fee is per lot, as drawn on the map filed with Storey County.
· Motion by Watson, seconded by Thomas, the set fee for a per lot transfer is to be $100.00.
· With unanimous approval, revision is to begin as of February 10, 2004.
i. Watson, President of the Board, also a member of the architectural committee, stated that it is a conflict of interest to be the President of the Board and on the Architectural Committee, therefore has removed himself from the Architectural Committee.
Meeting minutes attached, revisions to be added. Due to the workload of this Committee, the Board authorized 2 new members and requests this committee to present an organizational and duty chart. A discussion was held concerning the duties and function of this committee, also regarding the definition of exceptions versus variance and what this committee has the authority to apply. This issue will be researched and definite guidelines established. The first order of business will be to prepare for the Annual Meeting.
Radios and frequency are being secured. Only minor maintenance required in January. A loader for the sand truck is under discussion.
7. OLD BUSINESS
· Architectural Committee has sent notice to ______ for the cars on Grizzly.
· Invoices need to be sent for non-compliance of Architectural Guidelines.
· Informal letter to be sent to property owner concerning the mattress. (Property address: ----- Dortort Rd)
· The rental tenant issued is resolved concerning deposit. Records show that the deposit was used for the last months rent.
· A brief discussion was held regarding advertising on the website and the guidelines that are to apply. It was previously determined that all advertising would be reviewed by the Board, and the Board would make final decision as to what ads would be accepted or rejected. Watson will present guidelines and the donation involved at the next Board meeting.
On a motion by Kennedy, seconded by Wasson, and unanimously approved, the meeting was adjourned at 9:10 P.M.
Cash Flow Statement
Architectural Reports (1/11/04, 02/02/04, 02/10/04)