Virginia City Highlands Property Owner’s Association

Monthly Meeting Minutes

May 11, 2004


PRESENT: Board of Directors: Jim Watson, Dave Thomas, Dennis Kennedy and Sheri Beckerman.

 

  1. CALL TO ORDER AND APPROVE MEETING AGENDA

A quorum being present, President Watson called the regular meeting of the VCHPOA Board of Directors to order at 7:01 P.M. on May 11, 2004 at the Virginia City Highlands Firehouse.  On a motion by Beckerman, seconded by Kennedy, the agenda was unanimously approved with the following additions:

            *Annual newsletter

 

  1. APPROVE MINUTES OF REGULAR BOARD MEETING OF

Previous month’s minutes to be approved by electronic voting.  With these changes:

Item 4. a. Change to Tahoe/Pyramid Lake highway
Item 8. g. Change fire hall to firehouse

 

  1. Guest Speaker: Robert Owens of Desert Bloom Pest Management spoke on beetle damage- prevention, control and results.  Robert has agreed to write an article for the annual newsletter to help inform new residents.  Robert had a handout on Basic Pinion Pine Management (included in minute binder).  For further information and guidelines on dealing with this infestation contact Robert at: 847-9273

 

  1. COMMENTS BY ASSOCIATION MEMBERS & DISCUSSION OF COMMENTS

 

  1. FINANCIAL REPORT
    1. Monthly cash report
    2. Monthly financial statements

 

  1. COMMITTEE REPORTS
    1. Architectural Committee

                                                    i.     Cindy brought the minutes for the 5/4/04 meeting.

                                                  ii.     A copy of the VCHPOA architectural proposed changes in a votable format and recommendations of wording changes.

                                                iii.     The meeting minutes will be sent directly to Jim Poston from now on and will be posted on the website.

                                                iv.     Fee’s were collected ($815.00) and given to Kathy McDowell.

    1. Road Report

                                                    i.     Watson spoke with McDowell about using a stabilized base in a test area on Sazarac.  Watson will get the formula for the road crew to test on a section of this road.  Water is needed for the road crew to do proper preparation so it was requested that the Road Manager speak with Roger at Aqua Drilling about revamping the old well that the fire hall and road crew uses and the cost and feasibility of doing surface water well.

    1. Park Report

                                                    i.     Bob Kershaw spoke about the possibility of using park monies to drill a well.

  1. OLD BUSINESS
    1. The Fire Safe Highlands grant is activated, so new road signs will be appearing.
    2. Job descriptions to be completed when a full board is present
  2. NEW BUSINESS
    1. Annual meeting will be held on 7/24/04 and will include the picnic as in prior years.  Motioned by Watson, seconded by Thomas.
    2. Watson & Beckerman will complete the annual newsletter with Thomas and others writing articles, etc.
    3. A potluck may be held to complete the mailing of ballots, etc.

 

On a motion by Thomas, seconded by Kennedy, and unanimously approved, the meeting was adjourned at   9:10 P.M.

 

Sheri Beckerman

Board Secretary

 

Attachments:

Basic Pinion Pine Management
Cash Flow Statement

Financial Statements

Architectural Report

Votable Architectural changes