PRESENT: Dennis Kennedy, Dave Thomas,
Joel Smith, Donna Wasson, and Sheri Beckerman
- Call To Order And Approve
- A quorum being present, President Kennedy called
the Annual meeting of the VCHPOA Board of Directors to order at 10:00 A.M., July 31, 2004 at the Virginia City Highlands Firehouse. On a motion by Smith,
seconded by Wasson, the agenda was unanimously approved.
- There are1169 lots in VCHPOA. Having received
375 returns voting one or more lots, a quorum was declared.
And Introduction Of Current Board Members
welcomed those property owners that were present and introduced the current
- Selection Of Persons To Count
- President’s Comments
- Kennedy explained that because of different
situations, 2 good presidents felt the need to step down from the Board.
Each time creating a void that was difficult to fill.
- Financial Report
Financial review completed by Thomas
Different motions to amend and discussion for each
Transfer fee’s to be $125.00 per lot (as originally
platted). Motion by K. Judson, seconded by ___ and voted yes by the majority.
Motion by K. Judson to move $25K to reserve,
seconded by P. Flanigan. After much discussion the motion was amended: To
transfer $25K at the Board’s discretion. Motion carried.
A hand vote to see how the present homeowners felt
about removing the wording about special assessments from the Budget.
The Budget was ratified with the above change.
After much discussion,
the road conditions were deferred to a working meeting
A thanks goes to Rick
Baccus for the donation of landscape bricks for the park retaining wall.
- Comments By Association Members
& Discussion Of Comments
- Introduction of Invited Guests
- Introduced Bob Owens (Arborist and Pinion
- Gary Hames- Storey County Fire
Tom Peavers- VCH VFD Fire Chief
- Fran- FireSafe Highlands
- Bob Kershaw- Storey County
- “Bum” Hess- Storey County
- John Flanigan- Storey County
- Harold Swoffard- Storey County District Attorney
- Pat Whitten- Storey County
Pat Flanigan questioned paying the Ombudsman (required
by NRS 116) and this was deferred to a working meeting.
- Non-Binding Poll
- Thanks to Dave Thomas for his work on the poll,
Dave went through the results. Harold Swoffard spoke on taking these
figures to work with the Sheriff’s Department and other Departments to
put into place the different aspects as requested.
member is: Rick Bent
The open position will be filled the by the sitting
Board at the 8/10/04 Board meeting.
On a motion by Beckerman, seconded by Wasson, and unanimously approved,
the meeting was adjourned at 1:15 P.M.