Virginia City Highlands Property Owner’s Association

Monthly Meeting Minutes

November 9, 2004


 

PRESENT: Thomas, Armour, Bent and Beckerman

 

  1. CALL TO ORDER AND APPROVE MEETING AGENDA

A quorum being present, temporary President Thomas called the regular meeting of the VCHPOA Board of Directors to order at 7:00 P.M., at the Virginia City Highlands Firehouse.  On a motion by Thomas, seconded by Bent, the agenda was unanimously approved.

 

  1. APPROVE MINUTES OF REGULAR BOARD MEETING OF OCTOBER 2004

On a motion by Thomas, seconded by Bent, the minutes of the Regular Board Meeting of October 12, 2004 were approved.  Because of the resignation of Donna Wasson a call will go out to lot owners who would be willing to serve on the Board.

 

  1. COMMENTS BY ASSOCIATION MEMBERS & DISCUSSION OF COMMENTS
    1. Jay Euse spoke on the difficulties he is having completing the outside of his home with the fluctuations in the Architectural committee and the Board.  The governing documents are in the process of being changed and many areas will be affected when they are complete.
    2. Cecilia Lay- spoke with visiting deputy about the difficulties of motorbikes & free running dogs
    3. Sherry Dixon came as a representative for the 10-acre Board (which is much appreciated).  Spoke of the private road rulings and a pending lawsuit.

 

  1. FINANCIAL REPORT
    1. Thomas reviewed the financial reports (see attachments)

 

  1. UPDATES FROM BOARD MEMBERS:
    1. Thomas- road committee consisting of John DuFrayne, Dave Montana, Shane Dixon, Lou Tassone and Jim Watson met on Saturday, November 6, 2004.  This was information-gathering meeting and a report is submitted by Thomas, see attached.  Thomas also spoke on the repairs that need to be done to the grader and explained that this machine would go to Fallon for the work.  A motion for substantial repairs in the amount of $15,000.00 to be done on the John Deere 672A road grader, motion by Thomas, seconded by Armour approved by the Board.  Any higher amount will need approval by the Board.  DuFrayne will take the grader to the shop and arrange for the work (including tires).

                                                    i.     Crown Point submitted a road contract for perusal, see attached.

    1. Armour spoke with local road contractors for information, see attached.
    2. Bent is still working with FireSafe Highlands on the signs; he also brought in the special use permit paperwork for the metal sand/salt shed.  Because of the weather, Thomas made a motion to deter the shed project until weather permits.  Seconded by Bent approved by the Board.  Beckerman will ask the civil engineer who is working on their project to take a look at what plans would be needed to build the shed.

 

 

  1. COMMITTEE REPORTS
    1. Architectural Committee

                                                    i.     Pat Daniels approved to serve on this committee

 

    1. Road Report

                                                    i.     See attachment for the road work that was done by temporary manager over the last month

 

    1. Park Report

                                                    i.     Beckerman spoke on the importance of having a plan for the park and then turning this plan over to the county for completion.  Beckerman will ask landscapers that live in the Highlands for suggestions.

 

  1. OLD BUSINESS

 

  1. NEW BUSINESS
    1. Request by Beckerman to start the Board meetings at 6:30 pm.  Motion by Thomas, seconded by Beckerman that starting in January 2005, meetings will start at 6:30 pm.  Approved by the Board.

 

On a motion by Beckerman, seconded by Thomas, and unanimously approved, the meeting was adjourned at 9:03 P.M.

 

Sheri Beckerman

Board Secretary

 

Attachments:

Jay Huse comments
Cash Flow Statement

Financial Statements

Road Committee findings

            * Information from Armour

Architectural Report

Road Report