Virginia City Highlands Property Owner’s Association

Monthly Meeting Minutes

March 8, 2005


 

PRESENT: Musser, Thomas, Armour, Bent and Beckerman

 

  1. CALL TO ORDER AND APPROVE MEETING AGENDA

A quorum being present, President Musser called the regular meeting of the VCHPOA Board of Directors to order at 6:38 P.M., at the Virginia City Highlands Firehouse.  On a motion by Musser, seconded by Bent, the agenda was unanimously approved.

 

  1. APPROVE MINUTES OF REGULAR BOARD MEETING OF FEBRUARY 2005

With minor clarifications, on a motion by Musser, seconded by Bent, the minutes of the Regular Board Meeting of February 8, 2005, were approved.

 

  1. COMMENTS BY ASSOCIATION MEMBERS & DISCUSSION OF COMMENTS
    1. Jim Watson spoke against the proposed CC &R revision that would grant multiple-lot owners a reduction in yearly HOA dues.  He also requested the addition of a clause for fire-safety, which would entail a 30-day notice to enter Highlands’s area property to remove dead or dying trees.  The homeowner would have that time period to remove the trees and if not removed, the HOA would contract for the removal.  Also, an explanation was given on the benefits and problems with consolidating lots with Storey County.
    2. Commissioner Kershaw spoke on the Federal emergency snow funds that the State will be receiving, this will filter down to Storey and then some to VCHPOA.  A CD with NRS 318 was given to the Board; his recommendation is to consider a GID (General Improvement District) for the roads and other major areas that need regular maintenance and upgrading.  Many HOA’s have GID’s and they seem to work quite well.

 

  1. UPDATES FROM BOARD MEMBERS:
    1. President Musser: Personal introduction

                                                               i.      Projects: Succession Book- Accounting procedures, newsletter form, etc

                                                             ii.      Information concerning the road closure in May 2005.  We will consolidate as many local agencies and groups to help and borrow road signs from the Sheriff’s department.  As in the past, to schedule a Deputy for the front gate and get copies to handout of the Departments letter from previous years. After closure is complete, send an information letter of the occurrence to Storey County.

    1. Vice-President Armour: Jay Hampton (attorney) has been given the revised CC&R’s to review
    2. Treasurer Thomas: Newsletter master to be given to Beckerman this coming week for copying.
    3. Secretary Beckerman: Will copy newsletter and will help get a group together to label and mail.
    4. Member-at-large Bent: Has another estimate for road signs, will be attending Fire Safe Highlands meeting to complete paperwork that is needed for sign grant.

 

  1. FINANCIAL REPORT
    1. Special assessment is a necessity and feels it should be voted on at the April meeting.

 

  1. COMMITTEE REPORTS
    1. Architectural Committee-the annual Board and AC joint meeting was held on 3/1/05.  Report attached.

 

    1. Road Report-DuFreyne reported that when the grader was being unloaded a power-line was snagged and the power company had to be called for repair.  If Storey County is billed, the HOA will pay the bill.  There is still a front-end problem with the grader; the Road Manager will be dealing with the repair service for a complete repair to specifications or a partial refund.
    2. Roads that have been graded include Sarazac, Dortort and Agate.  Homeowners who are using these roads made positive comments.
    3. The road crews will be working on a time & materials basis- they will work the roads as weather and finances permit.
    4. A contract request by Crown Point was submitted, Thomas to contact the same lawyer that the 10-acres association will be using for their contract with Crown Point.  A further discussion will be held concerning the contract.
    5. Repair and maintenance done on both trucks.

 

    1. Park Report: Patti Poston handed out plans that have been worked on by previous park committee’s.  Musser will connect with Patti on contact information of reliable trade people to complete necessary walls, etc. The Road Manager (DuFreyne) will contact Rich Baccus about surplus landscape stones that Storey County had offered.

 

  1. OLD BUSINESS
    1. CC&R revisions: Add the clause requested by Watson on dead and dying trees, the committee to consider the multi-lot reduction request.
    2. Newsletter to be folded, stapled, labeled and stamped at Armour’s home on 3/15/05 at 5 pm.

 

 

  1. NEW BUSINESS
    1. No new business

 

On a motion by Thomas, seconded by Musser, and unanimously approved, the meeting was adjourned at 8: 20 P.M.

 

Sheri Beckerman

Board Secretary

 

Attachments:
Cash Flow Statement

Financial Statements

Architectural Report