Virginia City Highlands Property Owner’s Association

Monthly Meeting Minutes

April 12, 2005


 

PRESENT: Musser, Armour, Bent and Beckerman.  Thomas was absent.

  1. CALL TO ORDER AND APPROVE MEETING AGENDA

A quorum being present, President Musser called the regular meeting of the VCHPOA Board of Directors to order at 6:35 P.M., at the Virginia City Highlands Firehouse.  With the addition of discussion with Mike McDonough of the 10-acre Board, a motion by Musser, seconded by Bent, the agenda was unanimously approved.

 

  1. APPROVE MINUTES OF REGULAR BOARD MEETING OF MARCH 8, 2005

On a motion by Musser, seconded by Bent, the minutes of the Regular Board Meeting of March 8, 2005, were approved.

 

  1. PRESENTATION BY “THE WEED LADY”
    1. Joann Reynolds and Jeanne Gibbons are working with Storey County for coordinated noxious weed management.  Requested that the association hire this organization to keep all roads and shared areas cleared of noxious weeds.  The cost of $8000 would reflect the supplies used and not actual time involved.  The 10-acre association would also share these costs. This organization would be willing to work with the Road Manager and crew to help alleviate the spread of weeds when doing roadwork.
    2. The vote will be on May 2005 agenda

 

  1. PRESENTATION BY STOREY COUNTY FIRE DEPARTMENT, GARY HAMES
    1. Hames showed plans for proposed new shed style building (24x36) that will be installed behind the firehouse where the containers now stand.  This shed will be on a concrete slab, insulated heated and lit and will be attached to the current building by a breezeway.  The building will be built and maintained by Storey County Fire department and will be available for use as a Highlands Community Center.  SCFD will request Park funds for exterior restrooms.  On a motion to accept the offer of a shed by SCFD by Musser, seconded by Beckerman was unanimously approved.
    2. A joint 1-acre and 10-acre committee will need to be formed to regulate the use and function of the new Highland Community Center.

 

  1. COMMENTS BY ASSOCIATION MEMBERS & DISCUSSION   No comments

 

  1. UPDATES FROM BOARD MEMBERS:
    1. President Musser: Communication difficulties- each Board member has the responsibility of checking VCHPOA e-mail regularly. Coming prepared with minutes and agendas already read and changes thought out. Newsletter was sent out and he appreciated all the assistance.  Phyllis Blake’s Realty ad was missed, the next newsletter will include a full-page ad at no additional cost. Jay Hampton (attorney) has been given the revised C.C.& R’s to review, he is working on the By-Laws.
    2. Vice-President Armour: The road closure in May 2005, consolidate as many local agencies and groups to help and borrow road signs from the Sheriff’s department.  As in the past, to schedule a Deputy for the front gate & handout the Departments letter from previous years. After closure is complete, send an information letter of the occurrence to Storey County.  Armour called different agencies to schedule training for 5/18/05 at 6:30 pm.
    3. Secretary Beckerman: Recommends that CC&R &By-Law revisions to be copied by a copy shop and then we will gather to label, stamp and send out.
    4. Member-at-large Bent: Submitted a third estimate for road signs to Fire Safe Highlands, waiting for funding.

 

  1. FINANCIAL REPORT
    1. Lydia Hammack went through the financial report

 

  1. COMMITTEE REPORTS
    1. Architectural Committee- AC meeting was quite busy.  Report attached.

                                                              i.      Road Report- Road Manager John DuFresne is out of town.

1.      Discussion with 10-acre President McDunnah on the use of road crew and equipment to correct and maintain the 10- acre association roads.  Requests to start with a 90-day time period for this assistance.  The 10-acre association would pay for the use of the equipment, which would include the cost of increased maintenance, portion of insurance and the standard for long term affects on the equipment.  It would lower the 1-acre’s cost in terms of cost of materials purchased and time spent by the crews traveling to and from 1-acre roads. Musser to coordinate with Hammack and Thomas to come up with some figures and then Hammack will get the figures to the 10-acre Board. Their road manager (Lou Tassone) has a map of the roads, the road crew will highlight the areas they work on and put down the time spent in that area.  We will ask the crew to do this also with the 1-acre work that is done.

    1. Park Report: Musser still to meet with Patti Poston

 

  1. OLD BUSINESS
    1. CC&R revisions: will be sent as soon as possible
    2. Training for May 28, 2005 road closure to be held may 18th at 6:30 pm at the fire hall.  We will need approximately 8 people per shift to cover all areas.  We will start coverage at 7:00 am and end at 7:00 pm.

 

  1. NEW BUSINESS
    1. Annual meeting date to be decided at May meeting.  Board nominations need to be handled and voting arranged.

 

On a motion by Musser, seconded by Armour, and unanimously approved, the meeting was adjourned at 8:45 P.M.

 

Sheri Beckerman                                  Attachments: Cash Flow Statement, Financial Statements,               Board Secretary                                      Architectural    Report