Virginia City Highlands Property Owner’s Association

Monthly Meeting Minutes

November 8, 2005


 

PRESENT: Bent, Landaburu and Beckerman.

 

  1. CALL TO ORDER AND APPROVE MEETING AGENDA

 

A quorum being present, acting President Bent called the regular meeting of the VCHPOA Board of Directors to order at 6:28 P.M., at the Virginia City Highlands Firehouse.

a) Bent motioned to appoint Debbie Gravenstein to board until votes are in. 2nd by Beckerman. All approved.

b) Announced that owners may observe ballots being counted in the next room by 10 acre volunteers Morran, Hohn, Dixon, Sampson & Hammack.

Election results will be announced later in the meeting.

 

  1. APPROVE MINUTES OF REGULAR BOARD MEETING OF AUGUST 23, 2005 SPECIAL MEETING

On a motion by Landaburu, seconded by Bent, the minutes of the Special Board Meeting of August 23, 2005 were unanimously approved.  

 

  1. COMMENTS BY ASSOCIATION MEMBERS & DISCUSSION 

 

Report of a Caldwell Banker trailer sign at the entrance. No permission was given & the sign is on the state road easement. Recommendation to send letter advising removal.

The board needs to address reality signs in area that are not on property actually for sale. Suggestion that new board have a meeting with the 10’s to adopt some ruling about signage.

 

  1. COMMITTEE REPORTS

 

a)     Architectural Committee-

One set of plans reviewed for re-roof…No Fee required.

Reviewed violations. Will need to have an agenda item to address the issue of people refusing to sign for mail in regards to violations.

 

b)    Road Report-

Maintenance is complete and plows on the old trucks are ready to go.

Noted that Sazarac will be graded again the next time there is some moisture.

Currently shopping for replacement trucks.

2 diesels found for $36,000

Loader for $20,000 

Blades for the trucks will run approx $7000 per truck.

John D. will get bids to the board for approval and purchase should be completed within the month.

Old plows will be kept operational for emergencies.

During a snow emergency one pass will be made on all roads then shoulder to shoulder clearing will be completed.

Suggestion to have an agenda item to discuss making Sazarac one way.

 

             c)  Park Report -

1) Discussion about well use.  Association owns the firehouse well. Aqua is currently approved via verbal agreement to use the well in exchange for maintenance. However, it was noted that the fire dept pays for upkeep. Suggestion that access be limited to only the fire department. This issue will need to be placed on the agenda and addressed at a later board meeting.

2) Discussion re: Park funds for a new well for fire department use. The county said it will lower our fire rating and result in lower insurance rates. They are not asking but advising us that the park funds will be used for installation of this well. Discussion about limits on who may or may not use this well. Only use will be park and fire department.

 

  1. FINANCIAL REPORT

a)     Bent went through the financial reports. Attached.  Noted that we received a check from the 10’s for our portion of the FEMA money. Received the tax rebates from the State. The association has enough funds left before the 2006 dues cycle to pay for snow plowing and maintenance of the vehicles.

b)    Gary Hames said to hold the check for our portion of sign until the final bill is completed.

c)     The bookkeeper reported that the attorney is still working on 3 delinquent accounts from 2005 dues. All owners who haven’t paid the special assessment have been sent a certified letter and received a phone call if their number was listed in the local directory. Will need to refer for collections in December.

 

  1. OLD BUSINESS

Road manager issue:  Do we need one? If so information will be posted at the mail boxes and put on the agenda.

 

  1. NEW BUSINESS

              a) Election Results:

Joseph Alt – 135

Debra Gravenstein -306

Barbara Gruff – 96

Rita Lumos – 354

Karlyn McPartlin -204

James Sipaka- 74

Richard Woolley – 443

    b)  Gravenstein, Lumos & Woolley had the most votes and are appointed to the board. 

    c)   Keith Judson agreed to do a training class on NRS 116 for the new board.

 

On a motion by Bent, seconded by Gravenstein, and unanimously approved, the meeting was adjourned at 8:30 P.M.

 

Respectfully submitted by:

Lydia Hammack, VCHPOA Bookkeeper                               

Attachments: Cash Flow Statement, Financial Statements, Architectural Report