Virginia City Highlands Property Owners’ Association

Minutes Monthly Meeting – Tuesday February 9, 2010

Virginia City Highlands Fire Station Training Room

 

Present: Tallent-Stewart, Robbins, Flanagan, Biederman, Morrow

 

I.      Call To Order, Declaration of a Quorum and Approval of Meeting Agenda  

Andy Biederman called the meeting to order at 7:13 pm and declared a quorum present.

II.    Approve Minutes of the January 12, 2010 Regular Meeting  

A motion by Tallent-Stewart to approve the minutes, seconded by Morrow to approve the minutes of the January 12, 2009 meeting was approved unanimously.

III.   Financial Statements  

A.    Monthly Cash Report

B.    Monthly Financial Statements

Mary Tallent-Stewart reviewed the financial statements.

Income for the month of January was $42,803 from dues, assessments, and transfer fees.  Expenses for January were $5,798 including administrative expenses and road improvements.  The ending cash balance as of January was $190,235.  Total assets including property, equipment, and cash are $469,488.  Accounts receivable, due to unpaid dues and assessments, are $83,312.

A motion by Flanagan seconded by Robbins, to accept the financial report as submitted was approved unanimously.

IV.  Comments by Association Members (NRS 116.3108(3))

Celia discussed speeding and passing in the Highlands on Cartwright.  Officer Bowers reported that citations are being issued regularly.  A discussion regarding the hit and run accident was brought up by Pat Flanagan.  The Sheriff’s department is continuing this investigation.  Officer Bowers will speak with the Virginia City High School students to remind them of their driving habits. 

The Storey County Sherriff’s department requested that the Sazarac entrance warning sign be lifted to be more prominently displayed.  This is so that it can be more recognizable and therefore warning drivers of steep and icy road conditions.   Bob Moore will look into what is required.

 

V.    Committee Reports

A.    Architectural Committee

Bob Moore reported that two sets of plans were reviewed.    

 

 

B.    Road Report  

Bob Moore talked about Sazarac and Silverado being icy.  The sanding of Sazarac between Silverado and Mustang improved conditions. Results were reported as favorable by other members. 

 Bob will be reconfiguring the “material on hand” bins within the yard. 

 

C.   Park Committee  

Pat Flanagan has reported minor progress on the plan and that the spring may produce improvements.  The Sheriff’s department noted the vehicle parked in the parking lot of the park has a 72 hour tow notice attached to it.   

VI.  Unfinished Business

A.    Ombudsman program

Pat Flanagan reported no update regarding the formal request for a ruling submission to the AG department. 

B.    Annual Audit

The board would like to review the findings of the auditor with the VCHPOA book keeper and Dave Thomas.   

 

C.   Audio Recording of Meeting

Jed Margolin has provided more recording equipment to optimize recording quality.  He will supply the digital file for quality review.

Steve Morrow discussed a method to supply homeowners with the requested audio recordings.  Jed Margolin would like to propose a simpler method to listen to meeting minutes online.  He will discuss and outline a procedure with Jim Poston.

 

VII. New Business

A.    Fire House Sale Procedural Review and Motion Introduction by Patrick Flannagan  

Pat Flanagan is revising his proposed Motion on Policy Regarding the Sales Proceeds from Real Property.    

B.    Other

Mickey Melton has offered $500 for the front end loader. Doug Fontana offered $700.  Bob Moore will research the current market value by the next regular monthly meeting in March.

 

VIII.        Any Other Matters which the Board Members Wish to Discuss

 

IX.          Adjourn

There being no further business the meeting was adjourned at 8:40 pm.

 

Respectfully Submitted,

Ray Robbins

VCHPOA Secretary